Meeting Manager, Program Management
Meeting Manager, Program Management
Meeting Managers are responsible for planning and overseeing in-person conferences and meetings and virtual events to ensure they are completed in a timely fashion and within contracted scope and budget. Meeting Managers plan and designate project resources, prepare budgets, monitor progress, and keep internal and external stakeholders informed the entire way.
Position responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Direct client account management of varying types of programs such as: Recognition Trips, National Sales meetings, User Conferences, Tradeshows, etc.
- Planning and development of program agendas, budgets, and services according to customer requirements.
- General program/project management including: venue/meeting space management, client management, budget management, F&B menu selection, gifts/giveaways, audio visual support, signage/branding, billing, security, and other projects as needed.
- Manage timelines effectively.
- Manage all contracts and vendor negotiations.
- Liaise with venue for all operational aspects of the conference including development and management of conference event orders and aligning meeting space effectively.
- Provide onsite program management and direction.
- Direct and manage multiple team players and communications between all players.
- Oversee program accounting and contracting functions.
- Manage trade show elements and small program management as assigned for clients.
- Improve program processes including group / hotel resume development, event overviews, account file system, etc.
- Assist with internal communications for all departments in relation to overall program scope, direction and needs.
- Be available to assist in all aspects of metroConnections services when needed, including event services, production services or transportation services.
Minimum qualifications include:
- A minimum of 5 years of meetings, hospitality or other applicable experience
- Excel in written and verbal communication
- Exhibit strong computer skills; proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Ability to work well with a team – both as the lead and in a support role
- Possess strong leadership skills and an outgoing personality
- Ability to manage many details while maintaining big-picture thinking
- Ability to multi-task efficiently, learn quickly and provide detailed work
- Ability to provide excellent customer service via email, on the phone and in-person
- Willingness to take direction from multiple managers or team members, as well as having a good understanding of with whom to advise/consult in the event of conflicting direction
Preferred qualifications include:
- Third party/agency experience
- Tradeshow/Exhibit Hall management experience
- Up to 15% overnight travel – to support onsite program operations as needed, which may include nights and weekends
Please send your resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
Equal Opportunity is metroConnections, Inc.’s policy. We are committed to policies of non-discrimination to promote diversity in employment regardless of race, sex, parental or marital status, age, religion, sexual orientation, disability or any other criteria not specifically related to relevant aptitudes, potential, skills, and abilities.
We value the diversity in society and the diversity amongst our employees, and we believe that by successfully managing this diversity, we can gain from it and become a more effective business.