Event Production Coordinator, Production Services
Production Services team members work with clients, internal team members, and external partners to manage the creative content, logistical, and technical components of event production elements, typically involving audio/visual and stage production. An Event Production Coordinator assumes support or full management responsibility of all in-person or virtual programs assigned during and after the sales process to ensure the client vision and needs are clearly communicated and executed.
This is a full-time, salary, bonus-eligible, hybrid position. Work locations will include independent remote/work from home, team office work in Burnsville, MN, and on-site event work (both within the Twin Cities and domestically, including overnight travel). This position is an entry-level position to gain experience and develop skills with the goal of growing into elevated positions and specialize in Production Services at metroConnections.
Position Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Work collaboratively with all service teams within metroConnections.
- Participate in all aspects of metroConnections where appropriate/when assigned.
- Participate primarily on assigned programs with audio/visual and stage/show management services (General Sessions, Breakout Sessions, Virtual Meetings, etc.) related to various types of programs (Recognition Trips, National Sales Meetings, User Conferences, Tradeshows, etc.)
- Support or lead the project hand-off phase from the Sales Team: schedule meetings with Sales Manager, communicate with Technical Operations Team.
- Support or Lead the Coordination Phase for assigned projects, ensuring production services are completed within scope and budget while exceeding client expectations: maintain ongoing communication with the client and internal stakeholders regarding program details; participate in meetings with clients; communicate creative content, technical, and logistical needs internally; collaborate with assigned Technical Director to ensure all audio/visual needs are met; create show flows and prepare on-site requirements for on-site team; gather and manage show content; contract/negotiate rates and services with suppliers (keynote speakers, etc.); communicate and schedule all details for setup, show and strike: this includes but is not limited to security, dock schedule, room setup needs, crew meals, and certificate of insurance (COI) requirements.
- Participate in on-site management during the On-Site Execution Phase of assigned projects: serve as support or lead contact for client, internal team members, vendors, venues related to production services aspects of program; support or lead rehearsals; serve in show call and stage management positions for assigned programs. On-site responsibilities are held within the Twin Cities metro area and throughout the country/internationally. The candidate must have experience travelling domestically and must be willing and able to travel.
- Support or lead the Post-Event Follow-Up Phase of assigned projects: update supplier information; inventory new items for storage; compile and share debrief notes; communicate learning experiences to internal teams; finalize financial details with client and internal Accounting team.
- Support or lead efforts to enhance and further develop the processes and service offerings at metroConnections, especially in the areas of Production Services.
Minimum Qualifications include:
- Excel in written and verbal communication (English is the primary language).
- Exhibit strong computer skills; proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Understanding or ability to learn quickly additional software such as PollEverywhere, Pubble, Slido, Keynote, etc.
- Technology literate with a passion for learning new things.
- Ability to work well with a team – both as the lead and in a support role.
- Possess strong leadership skills and an outgoing personality.
- Ability to manage many details while maintaining big-picture thinking.
- Ability to multi-task efficiently, learn quickly and provide detailed work.
- Ability to provide excellent customer service via email, on the phone and in-person.
- Possess a cheerful and positive attitude.
- Ability to follow through with commitments and show concern for the needs of others.
- Willingness to take direction from multiple managers or team members, as well as having a good understanding of with whom to advise/consult in the event of conflicting direction
- Ability to be on your feet for long periods of time.
- Ability to lift 40 lbs.
- Access to reliable transportation.
- Willingness to work evening and weekend hours.
- Willingness to travel for multiple days at a time up to 20% for site visits and on-site program operations.
Preferred Qualifications include:
- Desire to start a career in Corporate Conference and Meeting Production.
- Production, meetings, hospitality, or other applicable industry experience.
Benefits Package Highlights:
- Comp Time for on-site program hours worked over 40
- Overnight Program Travel Bonuses – $50.00 per night for overnight program travel
- Paid Time Off – Starting with 15 PTO Days
- Paid Holidays – 9.5 Days Annually, including Employee-Owner Appreciation Day (first Friday of March)
- Summer Fridays – Reduced Business Hours on Fridays during Summer Months
- Employee-Owned – Employee Stock Ownership Plan – Retirement Plan 100% funded by the company
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with company match
- Medical and Dental Insurance – 50% company paid
- Options for Voluntary Disability Insurance, Voluntary Vision Insurance, Voluntary Life and AD&D Insurance
- Parental Leave – 10 Days Paid
- Bereavement – Up to 5 Days Paid per occurrence
- Annual Uniform Allowance
- Monthly Cell Phone Reimbursement
Please send your resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
metroConnections is proudly employee owned and operated. An employee stock ownership plan (ESOP) is an employee benefit plan that gives workers ownership interest in the company.
Equal Opportunity is metroConnections, Inc.’s policy. We are committed to policies of non-discrimination to promote diversity in employment regardless of race, sex, parental or marital status, age, religion, sexual orientation, disability or any other criteria not specifically related to relevant aptitudes, potential, skills, and abilities.
We value the diversity in society and the diversity amongst our employees, and we believe that by successfully managing this diversity, we can gain from it and become a more effective business. If you are excited about this opportunity but your past experience does not align perfectly with the qualifications, we encourage you to apply anyway. This or another opportunity may end up being a great fit for you!
metroConnections is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs and activities. To request reasonable accommodation, contact metroConnections’ Human Resources team at 612.333.8687.