Program Management team members are responsible for planning and overseeing programs to ensure they are completed in a timely fashion and within contracted scope and budget. They plan and designate project resources, prepare budgets, monitor progress, and keep internal and external stakeholders informed the entire way. The Event Specialist primarily services programs with enhanced event offerings (décor, branding/graphics and signage, interactive elements, entertainment, teambuilding, etc.).
Position Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Work collaboratively with all service teams within metroConnections.
- Participate in all aspects of metroConnections where appropriate/when assigned.
- Develop new and enhance existing internal processes related to social events.
- Serve as lead social event representative for assigned programs to clients, vendors, the Sales Manager, and other service teams.
- Provide mentorship to Event Coordinators on Program Management Team, when assigned.
- Coordinate and participate in in-person and virtual events.
- Support the Sales Team during the event proposal phase: research potential options (venues, vendors, enhancements), participate in creative brainstorming sessions, attend client meetings, etc.
- Lead the Project Hand-Off Phase from the Event Sales Team: schedule meetings with Sales Manager, communicate with Operations Team.
- Lead the Coordination Phase for assigned projects: design and draft event layouts, communicate and coordinate with internal teams and external partners while keeping information about the event centrally organized, finalize details and logistics with venues and clients, coordinate financial details with Accounting team, create and share program documents, arrange and lead site visits and meetings, research and manage travel arrangements for staff, shop for/order event supplies, pull and sort event supplies for delivery/shipping, etc.
- Program work as Branding/Graphics Lead on the planning teams with print graphic needs, when assigned: participate in creative design process, compile graphics specifications for print graphics, coordinate with print vendors, copy edit, oversee on-site installation and dismantle of print graphic elements, etc.
- On-Site management during the On-Site Execution Phase of assigned projects: serve as support or lead contact for client, internal team members, vendors, venue; assist with setting up and tearing down of décor and other inventory items, trouble-shoot through on-site execution.
- Lead the Post-Event Follow-Up Phase of assigned projects: manage inventory, compile and share debrief notes, communicate learning experiences to internal teams, finalize financial details with Accounting team.
- On-site responsibilities are held primarily within the metro area; however, occasional travel within/outside of Minnesota is possible. As out of state travel resumes, the candidate must have experience travelling domestically and must be willing and able to travel.
Minimum Qualifications include:
- 3-5 years of relevant industry experience.
- Excel in written and verbal communication (English is the primary language).
- Exhibit strong computer skills; proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Provide excellent customer service via email, on the phone and in-person.
- Learn quickly.
- Multi-task efficiently while maintaining big-picture thinking.
- Manage stress successfully: adapt to change, trouble-shoot, and make decisions while maintaining a calm demeanor.
- Maintain a cheerful and positive attitude.
- Maintain a presentable appearance as many work functions are performed in or adjacent to a corporate atmosphere.
- Ability to be on your feet for long periods of time
- Ability to lift 40 lbs
- Access to reliable transportation
- Overnight travel – to support onsite program operations as needed, which may include nights and weekends up to 25%
- Ability to work evenings and weekends, based on project needs
- Due to the nature of on-site work requirements, COVID-19 Vaccination (including remaining up to date with boosters) is required for this position
Please send your resume and rate requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
metroConnections is proudly employee owned and operated. An employee stock ownership plan (ESOP) is an employee benefit plan that gives workers ownership interest in the company.
Equal Opportunity is metroConnections, Inc.’s policy. We are committed to policies of non-discrimination to promote diversity in employment regardless of race, sex, parental or marital status, age, religion, sexual orientation, disability or any other criteria not specifically related to relevant aptitudes, potential, skills, and abilities.
We value the diversity in society and the diversity amongst our employees, and we believe that by successfully managing this diversity, we can gain from it and become a more effective business.
metroConnections is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs and activities. To request reasonable accommodation, contact metroConnections’ Human Resources team at 612.333.8687.