Program Management team members are responsible for planning and overseeing programs to ensure they are completed in a timely fashion and within contracted scope and budget. They plan and designate project resources, prepare budgets, monitor progress, and keep internal and external stakeholders informed the entire way. The Program Coordinator primarily services programs with transportation, activities, and off-site event needs. However, the position is also assigned to support many aspects of program planning.
Position Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Work collaboratively with all service teams within metroConnections.
- Participate in all aspects of metroConnections where appropriate/when assigned.
- Participate primarily on assigned programs with transportation services (shuttles/transfers/VIP services for airports, off-site venues, etc.); activities services (location tours, golf outings, boat cruises, etc.); and off-site events (coordination of venue, food & beverage, entertainment, etc.).
- Support program planning of various types of programs such as: Recognition Trips, National Sales Meetings, User Conferences, Tradeshows, etc.
- Support or lead the project hand-off phase from the Sales Team: schedule meetings with Sales Manager, communicate with Operations Team.
- Support or Lead the Coordination Phase for assigned projects: maintain ongoing communication with the client and internal stakeholders regarding program details, participate in meetings with clients, communicate information and personnel needs internally, create program schedules and prepare on-site requirements for on-site staff, contract/negotiate rates and services with suppliers (bus companies, off-site venues, etc.). Ensure program services are completed within scope and budget while exceeding client expectations.
- Participate in on-site coordination during the On-Site Execution Phase of assigned projects: serve as support or lead contact for client, internal team members, vendors, venues. When not on site, be available to manage after-hours program calls to advise remotely. On-site responsibilities are held within the Twin Cities metro area; however, occasional travel within/outside of Minnesota will also occur. The candidate must have experience travelling domestically and must be willing and able to travel.
- Support or lead the Post-Event Follow-Up Phase of assigned projects: update supplier information, compile and share debrief notes, communicate learning experiences to internal teams, approve on-site staff hours and expenses, finalize financial details with Accounting team.
- Support or lead efforts to enhance and further develop the processes and service offerings at metroConnections, especially in the areas of transportation and activities management.
Minimum Qualifications include:
- A minimum of three years of meetings, hospitality, tourism, or other applicable experience.
- Excel in written and verbal communication (English is the primary language).
- Exhibit strong computer skills; proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Ability to work well with a team – both as the lead and in a support role.
- Possess strong leadership skills and an outgoing personality.
- Ability to manage many details while maintaining big-picture thinking.
- Ability to multi-task efficiently, learn quickly and provide detailed work.
- Ability to provide excellent customer service via email, on the phone and in-person.
- Willingness to take direction from multiple managers or team members, as well as having a good understanding of with whom to advise/consult in the event of conflicting direction.
- Ability to be on your feet for long periods of time.
- Ability to lift 40 lbs.
- Access to reliable transportation.
Preferred Qualifications include:
- Third party planning or travel agency experience.
- Corporate meetings, conferences, and events experience.
- Overnight travel – to support onsite program operations as needed, which may include nights and weekends up to 20%.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends, based on project needs.
- Due to the nature of on-site work requirements, COVID-19 Vaccination (including remaining up to date with boosters) is required for this position.
Please send your resume and rate requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
metroConnections is proudly employee owned and operated. An employee stock ownership plan (ESOP) is an employee benefit plan that gives workers ownership interest in the company.
Equal Opportunity is metroConnections, Inc.’s policy. We are committed to policies of non-discrimination to promote diversity in employment regardless of race, sex, parental or marital status, age, religion, sexual orientation, disability or any other criteria not specifically related to relevant aptitudes, potential, skills, and abilities.
We value the diversity in society and the diversity amongst our employees, and we believe that by successfully managing this diversity, we can gain from it and become a more effective business.
metroConnections is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs and activities. To request reasonable accommodation, contact metroConnections’ Human Resources team at 612.333.8687.