Sales Managers are responsible for business development and harnessing a relationship-based approach to generate new business for metroConnections while understanding and selling all of metroConnections’ core service offerings. A Sales Manager is responsible for multiple ongoing tasks with the primary focus of bringing revenue to the organization through new and repeat sales, with an assigned annual sales quota. It is the responsibility of the sales manager to maintain a customer portfolio and work internally with metroConnections’ operations teams to execute client programs.
The ideal candidate for the position of Sales Manager will cultivate leads in the meeting and events industry, close new business, and understand the latest and greatest meeting and events technologies, best practices, and trends. Candidates must display a strong sales background with a track record of success.
This is a full-time, bonus-eligible, hybrid position; the compensation package includes a base salary and commission structure. Work locations will include independent remote/work from home, team office work in Burnsville, MN, and on-site work (both within the Twin Cities and domestically/internationally, including overnight travel).
Position Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Sell and contract new or repeat opportunities to meet or exceed sales quota as assigned by Executive Leadership Team.
- Generate leads by way of networking, cold calling, presentations, virtual demos, and other related marketing activities.
- Understand and remain current on metroConnections’ pricing model and service offerings to effectively sell and market metroConnections services in all areas.
- Establish relationships with new prospects to identify and extract all business opportunities.
- Expand current relationships with existing customer base to identify and extract all business opportunities and grow existing accounts; seek new and additional opportunities by staying in contact with customer base regularly.
- Identify new and emerging markets, opportunities, or partnerships to fill pipeline and enhance metroConnections’ position in the market.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending internal training sessions and liaising with Operational Leadership team members to understand capabilities and limitations.
- Create, revise, and send proposals and agreements to clients using approved templates and following established protocol.
- Fully-execute agreements by counter-signing and providing to clients.
- Liaison with Operational Leadership Team internally for scheduling, staffing, and other related program functions.
- Participate in program hand-off meetings with assigned program team members to ensure clients experience a smooth transition from the sales process to the planning process.
- Mentor, guide, and assist assigned program team members on client management and issues that may arise during the life of a program; reengage with the client as necessary during the planning and execution process regarding increased scope or challenges that may arise.
- Occasionally go on-site or into virtual studio environment to aid in the coordination and day-of execution of client programming; serve as a leader and example to others in the metroConnections working environment.
- Collaborate with internal team members following established protocol for client needs; including but not limited to: shipping quotes, shop build quotes; renderings, etc.
- Correspond with vendors, venues, and external partners – research availability/options, negotiate rates, procure items, book services, manage partnerships as representative of metroConnections.
- Monitor and remain educated on competitor offerings, current market pricing and trends.
- Work and coordinate with fellow Sales + Marketing Team members on company functions to contribute to team initiatives, channel partner relationships, marketing ideas and messaging to enhance sales leads and pipeline at large.
- Participate in creative brainstorming sessions for proposals with fellow sales team members.
- Update and manage various company systems by following established protocol; including but not limited to: Dynamics CRM, FLEX Rental Solutions, Smartsheet, SharePoint, etc.
Minimum Qualifications include:
- Experience in Sales with a proven sales record.
- Experience in the conferences, meeting, events, production, or hospitality industries.
- Ability to find new business and/or bring business to the company.
- Possess strong leadership skills and an outgoing personality.
- Excel in written and verbal communication (English is the primary language).
- Provide excellent customer service via email, on the phone and in-person.
- Exude confidence during in-person or virtual meeting presentations.
- Exhibit strong computer skills; proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Dynamics.
- Technology literate with a passion for learning new things.
- Manage stress successfully: adapt to change, trouble-shoot, and make decisions while maintaining a calm demeanor.
- Multi-task efficiently while maintaining time management and big-picture thinking.
- Work independently to come up with viable solutions.
- Work successfully with a team and many different types of personalities.
- Take direction from multiple managers or team members, as well as having a good understanding of with whom to advise/consult in the event of conflicting instruction.
- Possess strong leadership skills and an outgoing personality.
- Maintain a cheerful, positive, attitude.
- Maintain a presentable appearance as many work functions are performed in or adjacent to a corporate atmosphere.
- Build healthy relationships both internally with leadership and employees as well as externally with vendors, customers, and industry peers.
- Maintain organization and provide quality work with attention-to-detail.
- Thrive in a fast-paced work environment.
- Think creatively to offer event solutions and design options to clients.
- Ability to be on your feet for long periods of time.
- Ability to lift 40 lbs.
- Access to reliable transportation.
- Willingness to work evening and weekend hours.
- Willingness to travel for multiple days at a time up to 20% for client meetings, site visits, and on-site program operations.
Preferred Qualifications include:
- Experience in Production and Audio/Visual.
- Experience in Certain registration, Cvent, Doubledutch, Splash or other registration technologies.
- Experience tracking business in a CRM, Microsoft Dynamics 365.
- Strong project management background.
Benefits Package Highlights:
- Overnight Program Travel Bonuses – $50.00 per night for overnight program travel
- Paid Time Off – Starting with 15 PTO Days
- Paid Holidays – 9.5 Days Annually, including Employee-Owner Appreciation Day (first Friday of March)
- Summer Fridays – Reduced Business Hours on Fridays during Summer Months
- Employee-Owned – Employee Stock Ownership Plan – Retirement Plan 100% funded by the company
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with company match
- Medical and Dental Insurance – 50% company paid
- Options for Voluntary Disability Insurance, Voluntary Vision Insurance, Voluntary Life and AD&D Insurance
- Parental Leave – 10 Days Paid
- Bereavement – Up to 5 Days Paid per occurrence
- Annual Uniform Allowance
- Monthly Cell Phone Reimbursement
Please send your resume and rate requirement to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
metroConnections is proudly employee owned and operated. An employee stock ownership plan (ESOP) is an employee benefit plan that gives workers ownership interest in the company.
Equal Opportunity is metroConnections, Inc.’s policy. We are committed to policies of non-discrimination to promote diversity in employment regardless of race, sex, parental or marital status, age, religion, sexual orientation, disability or any other criteria not specifically related to relevant aptitudes, potential, skills, and abilities.
We value the diversity in society and the diversity amongst our employees, and we believe that by successfully managing this diversity, we can gain from it and become a more effective business. If you are excited about this opportunity but your past experience does not align perfectly with the qualifications, we encourage you to apply anyway. This or another opportunity may end up being a great fit for you!
metroConnections is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs and activities. To request reasonable accommodation, contact metroConnections’ Human Resources team at 612.333.8687.