Event Operations Lead
Warehouse and Event Operations Leads participate in all aspects of warehouse and on-site event operations, as assigned by the Director of Operations.
Position Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Work collaboratively with all service teams within metroConnections.
- Participate in all aspects of metroConnections where appropriate/when assigned.
- Work in the warehouse and on-site at events, both locally and out of town, as scheduled by the Director of Operations.
- Support the Warehouse Manager in the daily operations of the warehouse; including but not limited to loading and unloading trucks at the loading dock, staging truck loads, shipping and receiving tracking, organizing the warehouse, unwrapping and assembling new items, .
- Support the Director of Operations with responsibilities related to company-owned or rented vehicles; including but not limited to picking up and returning rental vehicles, gassing vehicles, and general upkeep of vehicles.
- Drive company-owned and rented vehicles to and from event venues. Most driving distances will be within the Twin Cities metro area; some longer distances may be required. Load and unload trucks at venue loading docks.
- Support or Lead the On-Site Setups and Teardown of on-site events. On-site responsibilities are held primarily within the metro area; however, occasional travel within/outside of Minnesota is possible. Air travel may be required on occasion.
- Provide excellent service and maintain a positive relationship with all coworkers and clients through effective communication.
- Serve in additional on-site positions during events, as scheduled by the Director of Operations and directed by the on-site program lead.
Minimum Qualifications include:
- Experience in at least one of the following: warehouse environment, loading docks, driving box trucks, corporate events/hospitality industry.
- A valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
- Ability to learn and teach new techniques in a collaborative environment.
- Excel in verbal communication (English is the primary language).
- Ability to take direction and work independently.
- Exhibit strong attention to detail.
- Multi-task efficiently while maintaining big-picture thinking.
- Manage stress successfully: adapt to change, trouble-shoot, and make decisions while maintaining a calm demeanor.
- Maintain a cheerful and positive attitude.
- Ability to be on your feet for long periods of time.
- Ability to lift 100 lbs.
- Access to reliable transportation.
- Willingness to work evening and weekend hours.
- Willingness to travel for multiple days at a time.
- DOT Certification (arranged for and paid by metroConnections). A DOT physical will be required.
Please send your resume and rate requirement to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
metroConnections is proudly employee owned and operated. An employee stock ownership plan (ESOP) is an employee benefit plan that gives workers ownership interest in the company.
Equal Opportunity is metroConnections, Inc.’s policy. We are committed to policies of non-discrimination to promote diversity in employment regardless of race, sex, parental or marital status, age, religion, sexual orientation, disability or any other criteria not specifically related to relevant aptitudes, potential, skills, and abilities.
We value the diversity in society and the diversity amongst our employees, and we believe that by successfully managing this diversity, we can gain from it and become a more effective business.
If you are excited about this opportunity but your past experience does not align perfectly with the qualifications, we encourage you to apply anyway. This or another opportunity may end up being a great fit for you! metroConnections is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs and activities. To request reasonable accommodation, contact metroConnections’ Human Resources team at 612.333.8687.