Medal of Honor Convention 2016
Saluting Heroes: Medal of Honor Convention 2016
The Medal of Honor is America’s highest military award for valor in combat. In 2016, the Medal of Honor Convention was hosted at venues in the Twin Cities of Minneapolis and St. Paul.
This week-long event paid tribute to our nation’s heroes and featured more than 2,000 attendees including 45 Medal of Honor recipients, their families, the Director of National Intelligence, along with other government leaders and celebrities.
metroConnections proudly served the convention in the following ways:
- Developed events for the convention at multiple locations, including: US Bank Stadium, Mill City Museum, Landmark Center, Lafayette Club and an awards gala at the Minneapolis Convention Center.
- Developed and managed overall budget for the year, leading up to the convention.
- Collaborated with Medal of Honor Twin Cities Committee and Congressional Medal of Honor Society to ensure military event protocol and etiquette.
- Served as liaison to local, state and national law enforcement personnel.
- Organized high-level security measures to safeguard Executive and VIP attendees.
- Provided on-site staffing and coordination of 500 volunteers.
- Designed and oversaw entire production including stage design, entertainment, video content, speakers and awards recipient management.
- Coordinated seamless execution of sword salute entry and processional.
- Created event branding and graphic design for signage, decor and interactive elements.
“There is no way we could have done it without metroConnections.”
— Tiffany Kovaleski, Chief of Staff, Medal of Honor Convention Twin Cities