Make a Splash in Orlando with Your Next Event
Mike Graves, COO of metroConnections
As one of the largest Tier-1 destination cities for hosting conferences, meetings and events, Orlando is home to world-class hotels, conference centers, event facilities and renowned attractions. As fellow event professionals, we know you’re always looking to maximize your budget, facility, designers, and partners. Below are five ways to get the most out of The City Beautiful as you plan your Orlando event.
- If you’re looking to avoid the more family-oriented locations, Orlando has dozens of corporate minded venues and attractions. Check out this list of 15+ Things to Do in Orlando Besides Theme Parks for inspiration. Staying away from certain themed properties will also help avoid families and children overrunning your program or event.
- If you want the Disney experience, stay on property. If you want to hang with Mickey Mouse himself, you’ll need to utilize a designated Disney property as your host or overflow attendee hotel. USA Today has a guide to choosing the best resorts on Disney property.
- If you’re already in event-planning mode, pay attention to detail. From managing event logistics to arranging group transportation, it’s best to know what you need as soon as possible. Local planning partners will know who to contact and when for event décor, props, drapes, staging, lighting, scenery, live entertainment and help contribute to the overall theme and vibe of your event. Extra detail: A thoughtful group activity centered around your event message and theme is a perfect way to create additional memories.
- Consider Budget. This may be the most important tip of them all: Hosting an event in a popular Tier-1 destination is not the same as hosting an event in a smaller, less expensive location. Additional budget may be needed to use the most appropriate venue, logistics and transportation for your event.
- A good event partner can make or break your destination event. DMCs like metroConnections have a unique understanding of the Orlando market and – with your strategic goals in mind – can serve as an extension of your team. These DMC’s maintain strong partnerships with local venues and vendors allowing you to plan and coordinate the best overall options.
Planning events is never a piece of cake, but taking these tips into consideration is key to hosting a successful program or event in sunny Orlando.
We’re always available to answer questions you may have about planning an event in Orlando – give us a call at 407.414.2603 today or email email@example.com.
Mike Graves has been with metroConnections since 1988 and has decades of experience in meeting & event logistics, attendee registration management, incentive travel, hotel & housing services and transportation management. Graves oversees Conference Services operations and all corporate administrative functions. He has led our expansion in the Southeast particularly in the convention capital of Orlando, Florida where he resides. He is a graduate of the University of Minnesota’s Carlson School of Management and past member of Meeting Professionals International (MPI) and Hospitality Sales and Marketing Association (HSMA). Graves believes the value of our business stems from relentless customer service, a strong hands-on approach and always serving as a transparent extension of our clients